Have you ever come across somebody who seems to radiate light, joy and confidence with so much ease that you can’t help but be drawn towards them? Or better yet, have you experienced this feeling of invincibility and self confidence yourself?
If so, the chances are you were experiencing the glorious power of your solar plexus chakra in its full, wonderful flow!
But what happens when we have a blocked solar plexus chakra? How can we work towards a balance and rhythm with this energy center in order to present our best self to the world? (Hint: it’s all about solar plexus chakra affirmations)
In this post we’ll review the solar plexus chakra along with solar plexus chakra affirmations designed to help you activate your personal power, balance and heal.
Are you looking for deep insight into the systemic balance of your chakras? Try the 7 Day Chakra Challenge!
What is the Solar Plexus Chakra?
The solar plexus chakra is located right around the belly button, just above your navel. The Sanskrit name is, ‘Manipura’: Mani, meaning lustrous gem and puri/pura meaning city. Together, we can think of the Manipura chakra as the dazzling jewel in the city of our being, where important decisions are made and feelings of motivation, and self-confidence grow.
Associated with the colour yellow, the fire element and crystal Tigers Eye, this truly is one of the biggest powerhouse energy centers in the body!
Looking at the full chakra system it’s important to remember that energy flows upwards. From the root chakra, to the heart chakra to the crown chakra, our prana is moving up the spine. Crucially, our solar plexus chakra, is the stage in which this flow finds an intention, and where we can actually begin to create and manifest our dream life!
Positive Affirmations & Self-Esteem
If what we think really creates our reality, then affirmations are one of the most powerful tools not only for healing chakras but for a total self-care and even self discipline routine. Writing solar plexus chakra affirmations is easy as it encourages exactly what this center is all about; self respect, high self esteem and embracing a clear sense of who we are.
There are many explanations and theories about how positive affirmations can lead us to a more positive mental state. One way of looking at it is that affirmations simply focus your mind on positivity, meaning you naturally increase your vibrational frequency and manifest more positivity in your own life and personal development.
So when you open your energy centres, you open your mind too.
Interested to dive deeper into chakra affirmations? Have a look at this article on how to use them for all your chakra healing needs.
Are You Burning the Candle at Both Ends?
Being aware of burnout is important to consider when we work with solar plexus chakra affirmations. Overdoing it and pushing ourselves to be ‘active’, ‘strong’ or ‘powerful’ isn’t always what our minds and bodies need.
Occasionally, we might want to look to other chakras such as the anahata (heart chakra) to soften and feel our emotions from a gentler perspective and practice self love rituals.
Take my chakra quiz to find your dominant chakra:
Symptoms of Solar Plexus Chakra Blockage
Sometimes also called the navel chakra or simply the third chakra, this energy center is our seat of self image. When we have a balanced solar plexus chakra, our overall sense of self worth is high, and we feel confident in our decision making. There is an inner peace that radiates outwards and we fully believe in ourselves and our life purpose.
Blockages and imbalances in this chakra can look like low self esteem, lack of ambition or just a general feeling of sluggishness. On the other end of the scale, an overactive Manipura chakra can lead us to behaviours that are overly dominating, aggressive or arrogant.
If you’re unsure about how your solar plexus chakra is doing, these are some signs that it may be unbalanced:
- Trouble getting out of bed in the morning. If you are not sleeping well at night and therefore struggling to wake up, your navel chakra could be blocked. Experiencing a feeling of fatigue throughout the day is a sure sign to turn your attention towards the navel.
- Your To Do list only seems to grow in one direction. Can’t seem to get things done? When our solar plexus is out of balance it affects our drive, power and ability to own our own decisions.
- Digestive issues such as constipation, irritable bowel syndrome. Our Manipura chakra is associated with the stomach, gallbladder, liver, and pancreas. Any physical symptoms like pain, or bloating from digestive issues are a sign from your body that your inner fire, (Agni) located in the navel, is not functioning as it should be.
- Lack of self-confidence. Questioning your ability or feeling unable to confidently express yourself or set boundaries are all associated with an unbalanced/underactive solar plexus.
The good news is that with a daily practice of yoga, meditation, pranayama and solar plexus chakra affirmations we can begin to balance and heal our third chakra. Asanas such as boat pose, sun salutations, and triangle pose are all super helpful in working to balance the energy flow around the navel. Meditating on the Bija mantra or seed sound of the solar plexus ‘Ram’ can also be a great first step to heal this center.
Solar Plexus Chakra Affirmations to Access Your Personal Power
- I am strong, powerful, and confident.
- I am aligned with my purpose.
- I am enough, just as I am.
- I wholeheartedly believe in myself.
- I confidently welcome new experiences.
- I can achieve anything I set my mind to.
- I know my value and will not lessen or shrink myself for anything or anyone.
- I am fearless in the pursuit of what sets my soul on fire.
- I am worthy of respect from myself and others.
- I am motivated, persistent, and successful.
- I am pure, positive energy.
- I hold the key to my own happiness.
- I love the person I am, both inside and out.
- I am perfect, whole, and complete.
- I can accomplish incredible things.
- Explore my Chakras knowledge hub to learn more about the Chakras from the blog.
- Check out my YouTube channel and find some yoga classes that you can try out for yourself!
- Join Uplifted for exclusive chakra content that you can access right from the app. Take a deep dive into your practice with me this year!
FREE Chakra Balancing Audio Track + Journaling Prompts
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
- 15 Crown Chakra Affirmations to Embody Your Highest Self
- 15 Third Eye Chakra Affirmations to Deepen Spiritual Insight
- 15 Throat Chakra Affirmations for Confident Communication
- 15 Heart Chakra Affirmations to Unlock Unconditional Love
- 15 Sacral Chakra Affirmations for Joy & Emotional Healing
- 15 Solar Plexus Chakra Affirmations to Activate Personal Power
- 15 Root Chakra Affirmations for Essential Wellbeing
- 35 Powerful Chakra Affirmations For Major Healing & Balancing