Welcome back to the beautiful realm of energy centers within your body! I’m going to dive into the Solar Plexus Chakra or Manipura chakra. It is the third of the seven chakras in your body’s energy system. It shines brightly in the upper abdomen. This chakra holds your personal power, self confidence, and self-worth. Like all of your chakras, it can become blocked.
A blocked solar plexus chakra, can lead you to feel a lack of direction or struggle with decision-making. Sound like something you’re experiencing? Don’t freak! I’ve got you! I’ll help you to understand your third chakra and how you can balance it so that you are able to ignite your inner fire and unleash your full potential.
Let’s dive deeper into this transformative energy point and unlock the power within you.
Understanding the Solar Plexus Chakra
When you think of your Manipura chakra, think of the color yellow like the bright sun. This chakra is symbolized by a lotus flower with ten petals. As with all of your chakras it can be affected or blocked in 3 ways; physically, emotionally and spiritually. color yellow like the bright sun. This chakra is symbolized by a lotus flower with ten petals. As with all of our chakras it can be affected or blocked in 3 ways; physically, emotionally and spiritually.
Physically speaking, the solar plexus chakra location is in the abdominal region and associated with your organs and systems in that area. It also includes the digestive system meaning, your liver, pancreas, gallbladder, and adrenal glands. So what does that mean in simpler terms? Your solar plexus controls the metabolic and the digestive health functions of your body. As I mentioned before, the third chakra is related to personal power, will power and self confidence. I love to refer to it as the power center of your body.
The solar plexus chakra has an emotional influence on you as well. Your feelings of self esteem, self worth, and personal identity reside here. When your third chakra is balanced and healthy, you feel confident, motivated and assertive. You have strong boundaries. You take action. You don’t slip into a victim mentality. You understand that your needs matter. This enables you to have a strong sense of self and are able to set healthy boundaries in your life. An open and balanced manipura chakra allows you to pursue your personal goals and ambitions with determination and resilience. You believe in yourself!
If you’re enrolled or an alumni of any of my teacher trainings, a common theme we focus on is becoming the best version of you that you can be. Building your self confidence, self-esteem, and showing up as the healer and leader you were meant to be.
Spiritually your solar plexus chakra is connected to your sense of purpose. It’s a powerful tool in your personal transformation. Along with being associated with the color yellow, it is also associated with the fire element. This is because it symbolizes the passion and the burning away of old patterns and beliefs. A strong solar plexus can take anything…. any wound, any hurt, betrayal, grief or sadness and alchemize it into beauty. But only if this center is balanced and strong. When this chakra is blocked or out of balance, it can be a detriment and exacerbate uncomfortable emotions. But when your manipura chakra is open and flowing, it supports your spiritual growth, allowing you to connect with your inner wisdom and guidance.
Now that you have a better understanding of your solar plexus chakra and all the amazing aspects of it and how it functions in your body, you need to know what a blockage feels like. A blocked solar plexus chakra can have several effects on the human body both physically and emotionally.
Fall in love with my 200-Hour teacher training or …
Experience 3 Training Videos from Inside My 200-Hour Online YTT
Solar Plexus Chakra Blockage Symptoms
Blockages or imbalances can happen to the manipura chakra for different reasons. For example, an imbalanced solar plexus chakra can be caused by it being overactive. This was my problem! An overactive solar plexus chakra means that it’s spinning too quickly or is excessively energized. It’s “blocked” because the energy gets stuck in your third chakra rather than flowing and ascending up your spine. Think — very strong ego, workaholic, addicted to “to do” lists, type-A overachiever. You might also have an underactive third chakra. This is where it’s shut down or blocked. Think — low self-esteem, zero boundaries, afraid to pursue your passions, lethargy, procrastination.
Recognizing these physical, emotional and behavioral symptoms can help to identify a blocked third chakra (and understanding if it’s blocked due to an excess or energy, or a deficit of energy). This will help you towards addressing the imbalance so you can begin your healing journey.
- Digestive issues: problems with indigestion, acid reflux, bloating, constipation, hyperacidity, stomach pain, stomach ulcers or IBS (irritable bowel syndrome). Could be due to excess or deficient third chakra.
- Poor metabolism: An imbalance in the solar plexus chakra may contribute to weight gain or difficulty in losing weight. (Deficient third chakra)
- Increased metabolic rate: you may feel restlessness, have difficulty sleeping, or feeling on edge or wired. (Excess energy at the third chakra)
- Fatigue: you may be feeling weak or have a lack of energy (this is a classic underactive third chakra presentation aka “deficient” third chakra)
- Adrenal imbalances: your adrenal glands may be affected, leading to issues like adrenal fatigue or excessive stress responses. Likely excess energy at the third chakra.
In your daily life, you could experience frequent stomachaches or struggle to maintain a healthy weight. You can also have trouble managing your stress levels.
- Low self esteem: a blocked solar plexus chakra can lead to feelings of low self worth, lack of confidence, and a negative self image. (Deficient third chakra)
- Lack of motivation: you may struggle to find the drive and enthusiasm to pursue your goals or take action towards your aspirations. (Deficient third chakra)
- Difficulty setting boundaries: having an imbalanced solar plexus chakra can make it challenging to assert yourself and establish healthy boundaries in relationships. Could be due to excess or deficient third chakra.
- Fear of rejection: There may be a fear of judgment or rejection, which can inhibit self expression and hinder your personal growth. Usually deficient third chakra.
- Workaholism: You don’t allow yourself to relax and think you’ll be happy when you achieve more. (Excess energy at the third chakra)
What I commonly see in many of my students, aside from their amazing drive and ambitions, is the question of whether they are worthy of pursuing their dreams. Crazy right?! It’s completely okay to need validation from others and to avoid situations where you have to assert yourself. But you also want a strong sense of self at this energy center. You don’t want to be dependent on external validation. What I love to help students with is to build them up emotionally and help them to realize the worth and potential in their REAL goals. A lot don’t even know what we really want, or how to go after it. These are the second and third chakra issues!
Have you ever felt the need to be in control of a situation in a personal relationship? Maybe you and your spouse have a conflict of how to parent your kid(s) – so normal, but does that need to lead to other arguments? That can be a sign, along with the following, that your third chakra has excess energy.
- Control issues: A blocked solar plexus chakra due to excess of energy at the navel may lead to you feeling the need for excessive control over yourself, situations, or others.
- Perfectionism: you may be a perfectionist and be overly critical of yourself. If this sounds like you, it’s okay and many others feel the same, the key to helping to keep this chakra open is to understand that it is okay if everything isn’t perfect.
- Lack of confidence in decision-making: Difficulty in making those decisions or constantly second-guessing yourself can be a result of a blocked chakra.
Solar Plexus Chakra Healing Techniques
Now let me tell you how get back to an aligned solar plexus chakra located again. You now know the symptoms to look out for so you can have more bodily awareness. If you feel powerless, have self doubt or feel that you are experiencing a blocked solar plexus chakra, don’t worry. I’m going to walk you through some techniques that can help you to heal.
For starters, yoga is a great way to help heal! There are various yoga poses that target and aid in solar plexus chakra opening. If you’re reading this as an Uplifted Member, you’ll have access to some of the amazing videos where I take you through flows, lesson plans and courses that are designed for this specific chakra in mind, as well as other like the sacral chakra.
- Boat pose (Navasana) helps to strengthen your abdominal muscles and stimulates this chakra.
- Bow pose (Dhanurasana)
- Mountain pose (Tadasana)
- Cobra pose (Bhujangasana)
- Lion pose (Simhasana)
Along with yoga, Pranayama or breathing exercises are so helpful to healing a blocked solar plexus chakra. Two that help are the Breath of Fire (if you have deficient energy) and Solar plexus breath (if you have excess energy).
- The Breath of Fire is something that students in Kundalini know a lot about. The rapid diaphragmatic breathing helps energize and activate the solar plexus chakra.
- Solar Plexus Breath focuses on deep, slow belly breathing, directing the breath to the area below the sternum, expanding and contracting with each breath. This helps soothe this energy center if this chakra is blocked due to an excess of energy.
While you’re practicing your breathing techniques, you will also want to incorporate meditation and visualization into your solar plexus practice. Follow these simple steps to meditate and promote healing for your solar plexus:
- Find a comfy sitting position in your favorite place maybe with some of your favorite essential oils going.
- Focus on the solar plexus area and visualize a bright yellow ball spinning and radiating warmth.
- Allow that yellow ball to find balance in the abdomen this will help to harmonize the chakra.
- Occasionally while you’re meditating, say some affirmations like, “I am confident and empowered” or “I embrace my personal power and express it with integrity”
For an extra boost, use some energy healing practices! Negative energy can affect your chakras whether it comes from yourself or something external like negativity in the workplace. Reiki and Crystal healing can help to bring more peace and harmony to the chakra.
A Reiki practitioner is someone who can channel healing and energy to balance and clear blockages in the solar plexus. In that comfy space you have to meditate and practice yoga, add some crystals like the yellow quartz, yellow calcite, yellow tourmaline or tiger’s eye. While you are meditating or even in your day to day, place one of those crystals on the solar plexus to welcome more healing.
Prevention and Maintenance
Now that you’ve healed your solar plexus chakra and in a good place as well as in good health, I want you to stay there! To help maintain and prevent another imbalance, I’m going to give you tips to create a personalized solar plexus chakra healing practice. This practice will help to meet your individual needs and preferences.
Take a look at the following 4 steps and if you have a minute, take out your journal and make these steps your own.
- Intention Setting: If you’re an alumni or student of mine you’ll already know how important it is to set intentions with your practices so that you have something to connect to during your practice. Clarify your intentions and goals for healing your solar plexus. These intentions could be increasing your self confidence, releasing control that you feel like you need, or and my personal favorite – finding your personal power.
- Choose techniques: I challenge you to find and choose techniques that resonate with you. Of course you can get inspiration from your yoga teacher or some of your favorite yogis out there, but also deeply think about what it is you want. You may prefer a combination of yoga poses, breathing exercises and meditation, or focus on one practice that feels most effective for you.
- Consistency and Regularity: Establish a routine that works for you. If you’re a mom like me or someone with a super busy schedule, you already understand how crucial it is to have a routine. Working in time for your own self care is also important. Consistency is key to achieving any long-term or short-term goals. So commit to regular practice where it’s daily or a few times a week. My 40 Day Kriya program can help with this.
- Self-Reflection: reflection, reflection reflection! Take time to reflect on your experiences during your practice. This is key to helping you heal. Notice any shifts in your physical sensations, emotions, or mindset. Adjust your practice based on what feels most effective and supportive for your unique needs. Journaling is key.
FREE Chakra Balancing Audio Track + Journaling Prompts 👇
FREE Chakra Balancing Audio Track + Journaling Prompts
Maintaining a balanced solar plexus chakra is crucial for overall well being and a strong sense of self. You are a powerhouse and your physical health and chakras are in your control. You can feel better! A blocked solar plexus can cause so many problems from your digestive system, low self esteem and confidence levels, and changes in your behavior like control issues. None of those are fun or welcomed. So you work on maintaining its health and preventing a blocked solar plexus chakra.
Keep a look out for the symptoms of a blocked chakra (whether it’s overactive or deficient) and have a plan to help heal it. By nurturing and harmonizing this specific energy center, you can enhance your self confidence, assertiveness and decision making abilities. This will lead to a more empowered and fulfilling life. If you’re a member of Uplifted you’ll have access to videos to help guide you through necessary self care like Chakra meditations, yoga asanas specific to healing and helping your chakras and so much more.
- Explore my Chakras knowledge hub to learn more about the Chakras from the blog.
- Check out my YouTube channel and find some yoga classes that you can try out for yourself!
- Join Uplifted for exclusive chakra content that you can access right from the app. Take a deep dive into your practice with me this year!
Experience 3 Training Videos from Inside My 200-Hour Online YTT 👇
Experience 3 Training Videos from Inside My 200-Hour Online YTT
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
- Third Eye Chakra Blocked Symptoms & Healing Techniques
- Blocked Throat Chakra Symptoms & Healing Techniques
- Heart Chakra Blocked Symptoms & Healing Techniques
- Symptoms Of Blocked Crown Chakra & Healing Techniques
- Blocked Sacral Chakra Symptoms & Healing Techniques
- Root Chakra Blockage Symptoms & How To Unblock It
- Solar Plexus Blocked Symptoms And How To Balance