Let me ask you some personal questions! Be honest.
How driven are you feeling? Could you take over the world or barely get out of bed?
How is your digestion recently? Multiple bowel movements a day or not even once a day?
These questions are answered by the energy of the solar plexus chakra. If your answers to these questions fall on either extreme of the scale you may be experiencing a blocked solar plexus chakra. But what about the physical symptoms of solar plexus chakra opening? I’ll go through all of that too!
Have You Heard About The Solar Plexus Chakra?
Traditional Hindu and yogic philosophies teach of 7 main energy centers that stack nicely along your spine. First is the root chakra, and second is the sacral chakra. The third chakra energy center is located four finger widths above the navel. It is the solar plexus chakra.
The Sanskrit word used for this center is Manipura. Mani means jewel or gem, and Pura means town or city. This center is not referred to as the jewel city lightly. The solar plexus chakra governs your personal power, self-confidence, and your identity.
You might think those are a lot of responsibilities already – but there is more! Digestion. The solar plexus chakra energy flow also affects your digestive fire determining how well the system is running.
The solar plexus chakra energy is associated with the fire element. You can think of this energy center as the fire that is within you driving you forward and keeping you regular.
Yellow is the third color in the rainbow🌈; the color yellow also represents the third chakra. The modern symbol of this chakra is the lotus flower with 10 petals.
Solar Plexus Chakra Influence
This chakra is said to be the center of your willpower and the place where your sense of self originates. When the third chakra is open the energy of your inner power can flow freely. You will feel confident and your inner wisdom can more easily create positive change.
In Ayurveda, one of the key concepts is Agni, your digestive fire. The fire element association makes the solar plexus chakra responsible for the digestive system.
When the solar plexus chakra is balanced the human digestive system is operating smoothly. You will also have a healthy metabolism with consistent bowel movements. Any digestive issues can be a symptom of a blocked solar plexus chakra.
Signs Of An Imbalanced Solar Plexus Chakra
Just like a see-saw, chakra imbalance can go both ways. There are two extremes on either side of the imbalance.
The life force energy you need from your third chakra could be out of balance causing very low self-esteem. This solar plexus chakra blockage limits your self-belief and increases negative thought patterns.
On the other end of this imbalance, is an arrogant sense of self-worth. A person with this type of increased self-confidence may present as an overconfident person, but the energy levels in their third chakra are out of balance.
Fluctuating energy levels are very normal! The goal of balance is to find a happy medium locating your sweet spot of self-acceptance.
Physical Symptoms Of Solar Plexus Chakra Imbalance
The physical health of the digestive system is influenced by the Manipura chakra. When the solar plexus chakra opens it allows our physical digestion to operate at its highest potential.
Digestive symptoms of an EXCESSIVE solar plexus chakra:
- Digestion moving too quickly
- Frequent bowel movements
- No structure to stool (diarrhea)
Digestive symptoms of a DEFICIENT solar plexus chakra:
- Digestion moves very slowly
- Infrequent bowel movements (constipation)
- Small pieces of stool (not one solid piece)
Opening solar plexus chakra energy to flow better will regulate all of the above symptoms to a healthier existence.
Emotional Symptoms Of Solar Plexus Chakra Imbalance
Self-doubt can put a real damper on your self-esteem. You could benefit from solar plexus chakra opening if you recognize any of these emotional situations.
Emotional symptoms of an EXCESSIVE solar plexus chakra
- Dominance or aggression
Emotional symptoms of a DEFICIENT solar plexus chakra
- Low self-confidence
- Lack of Motivation
- Victim Mentality
- Difficulty making decisions
The energy coming from the solar plexus chakra can make a large impact on your emotional well-being. When you have a balanced and open chakra you will feel confident and secure. Doesn’t that sound better than those gloomy emotions listed above?
Take my chakra quiz to find your dominant chakra:
Solar Plexus Chakra Opening and Balancing
I like to imagine the solar plexus chakra as a burning fire.🔥 The extremes look like a raging out-of-control fire or the remains of lightly burning embers, your manipura chakra energy levels lay somewhere on that scale. How your inner fire is feeling from moment to moment will affect your self-worth, personal power, and your digestive health.
Allowing energy to flow freely in the solar plexus area can release pent-up energy within all seven chakras. Below I listed my favorite ways to connect to the manipura chakra.
To encourage the solar plexus chakra opening you can use positive affirmations. Daily affirmations can reverse negative thought patterns to allow the solar plexus energy more freely. Learn more about starting an affirmation practice here.
Getting to know the solar plexus chakra location is a great way to connect with the energy center. I like to put the pinky finger of my right hand at the navel to measure up to the index finger in honor of this important chakra.
Taking a brief moment to honor the chakra’s existence and sparking a deeper understanding of your personal energy can be a simple step to start your chakra healing. You can stimulate the area by rubbing circles or lightly grazing the area with fingertips.
Each of your fingertips has “more than 3000 touch receptors.” Try to use each one of them to greet the solar plexus area, with eyes closed, imagine how your third chakra fire is burning today.
Using the energy naturally found in crystals is always available to you on your healing journey. The best stones to work with the yellow chakra are:
- Citrine – helps move energy from the upper body to the crown chakra. If you are noticing a blockage this could jostle it away!
- Tiger’s Eye – This stone’s energy can clear the solar plexus chakra and bring to light any hidden self-confidence.
- Pyrite – The Greek word pyr, fire, inspired the name of this fool’s gold. Pyrite is a great stone to promote yellow chakra healing.
- Yellow Tourmaline – This stone’s energy can draw away negative energy and stimulate positive energy. Bonus points for yellow being in the name! 💯
Any or all of these stones would signal to your solar plexus chakra that you are ready for change! In your savasana pose, lay the crystal (or crystals) four-finger widths above the navel. In this position, the energy from the stone and your third chakra can mingle. You can visualize what might be happening between your chakra and the stone. This is the perfect time to…
Practicing meditation is a great way to connect to the upper abdomen chakra. Focusing energy on the blocked chakra will allow the energy to shift and create a change. This is a great meditation if you enjoy guidance for your meditative time. If you are comfortable on your own, meditate on the yellow chakra and use the mantra RAM (sounds like rum).
Another way to balance your energy body and physical body is through yoga asanas. Yoga poses that engage the core and build strength in the abdominal area can be particularly beneficial for opening the solar plexus chakra.
- Bow pose – In this position, you allow your solar plexus area to feel the ground in a way that it rarely experiences. Bow pose creates a new environment for the chakra energy to move through.
- Plank pose – If you do an upward plank pose or a reverse plank pose both will be engaging the core. As you hold yourself up, connect with the powerful manipura chakra and know it is holding part of you up too.
- Upward-facing dog pose – This heart chakra opening pose will also stimulate the solar plexus chakra. In this asana feel confident as you feel the stretch and strengthening.
- Breathwork – Creating heat in your abdomen will stir up any pent-up energy. Breath of fire is the best way to create the energetic stir-up we are looking for in the solar plexus chakra.
I’ll share here my Elemental: 14-day Chakra Yoga Challenge if you’d like to join me through 2 weeks of chakra yoga!
Solar Plexus Chakra Opening Symptoms
Now that you know how to recognize a blocked chakra and you have tips on opening up the solar plexus chakra, How will you identify the chakra opening? You’ll look for these symptoms…
- Your digestive fire is burning appropriately
- You feel comfortable and at ease within your identity
- You source great strength from your personal power
Now it’s time to go forth and experience these life-changing symptoms for yourself!
The solar plexus chakra may not be as mystical as the crown chakra or as intuitive as the third eye chakra, but it is the true powerhouse keeping you on the right track physically and mentally.
The key to meaningful chakra work is keeping it consistent and always being mindful. Listen to your body’s energy and grow the connection to your chakras deeply over time.
If you can’t get enough of the Manipura chakra, I have a whole course available for you to learn more and connect to your personal power of the solar plexus chakra.
- Explore my Chakras knowledge hub to learn more about the Chakras from the blog.
- Check out my YouTube channel and find some yoga classes that you can try out for yourself!
- Join Uplifted for exclusive chakra content that you can access right from the app. Take a deep dive into your practice with me this year!
FREE Chakra Balancing Audio Track + Journaling Prompts
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
- Third Eye Chakra Opening Symptoms And How To Open Your Sixth Chakra
- Opening Crown Chakra Symptoms And How To Balance Sahasrara Chakra
- Opening Root Chakra Symptoms And How To Balance Muladhara
- Symptoms Of Heart Chakra Opening And How To Balance Anahata Chakra
- Sacral Chakra Awakening Symptoms And How To Balance Svadhisthana Chakra
- Physical Symptoms Of Solar Plexus Chakra Opening
- Opening Throat Chakra Symptoms And How To Balance Vishuddha Chakra
- Chakra Opening Symptoms: Signs You’re Unblocking Your Chakras
Learn how to do 11 of the most popular yoga poses correctly. Free video + PDF download.