Did you know that at the top of the seven chakras rainbow bridge🌈 lies the opening to universal consciousness?
Once you have opened your root chakra all the way up to the crown chakra your kundalini energy serpent will be free to climb the chakra rainbow to unite with divine consciousness to bring enlightenment.
Let’s explore the treasures opening crown chakra symptoms will bring to your life and how you can experience these chakra opening symptoms for yourself!
What Is The Crown Chakra (Sahasrara)?
Sahasrara is the Sanskrit word for the crown chakra. It translates to “Thousand Petalled” referring to the image of sahasrara chakra, the lotus flower with 1000 petals.
- Element: consciousness or thought
- Color: purple
- Location: crown of your head
The Sahasrara chakra is the opening of our individual being to the broader collective consciousness.
Imagine the crown chakra begins with half the chakra energy swirling in the crown of your head, and the other half is swirling within the universal consciousness.
The crown chakra is your spiritual connection to whatever is more than you as an individual. Your spiritual awareness depends on keeping the crown chakra open.
Let’s talk about how a blocked crown chakra might manifest in your life.
Signs Of An Imbalanced Crown Chakra
Crown chakra blockage shows up in your life through physical symptoms, as well as emotional symptoms, and it may block your spiritual growth.
A chakra energy center can be imbalanced in both directions. There could be excessive spiritual energy (overactive crown chakra) or deficient energy flow (underactive crown chakra). But of course you already knew that because you’re a seasoned yogi and I’m sure you’ve been following this entire series 😉.
Do you recognize any symptoms from your own spiritual journey?
Physical symptoms of a blocked crown chakra
- Disassociation with the Body
- Struggle to Keep Focus
- Poor sleep patterns/ Chronic Exhaustion
Emotional symptoms of a blocked crown chakra
- Head in the clouds
Learn more about blocked crown chakra symptoms. Now let’s discuss the pleasures of a balanced crown chakra and what the crown chakra opening symptoms actually feel like!
Signs Of A Balanced Crown Chakra
An opened crown chakra fosters a deeper spiritual connection to the divine energy that created you and rules the external forces of your individual reality. You might notice it appear in your life in these ways:
- You have heightened intuition fueled from divine connection
- You fully trust your inner wisdom
- All the other chakras feel balanced
- Your self-awareness allows you to be in the present moment more often fostering a deeper connection in your relationships
- You have a deep sense of inner knowing guiding you to becoming your best self
Your spiritual health depends on the energy flow of the crown chakra. An open crown chakra is accessible through crown chakra opening practices. Let’s discuss some of the chakra-opening practices for you to use for ascending the ladder of spiritual enlightenment.
Take my chakra quiz to find your dominant chakra:
How To Open Your Crown Chakra
Anodea Judith Ph. D. and I had an incredibly insightful conversation on looking at the chakras from the bottom down. She discusses that the rainbow bridge of the seven chakras is open for travel in both directions. Meaning, it is just as important for divine energy to be pulled down through the crown as it is for the grounding energy to be pulled up from the root chakra. This is what brings you into homeostasis and back to your true nature.
If you want to use the chakras to better aim at your ideal target, you need to keep the path clear for divine energy to flow freely into your reality.
An opening crown chakra requires you to honestly evaluate your belief systems. Here are a few questions to ponder in a crown chakra meditation.
Once you have found your comfortable seat and connected to your breath ask yourself:
- What are your limiting beliefs? Where in your life are you noticing suffering? What is the outlook you hold regarding this situation?
- Does this belief serve you? Are you putting your best self forward while maintaining this belief?
- Is there a belief that could serve you better? How can you see this situation from a new perspective that optimizes your spiritual development?
If you’d like to try this meditation at home, then you can simply sit in easy seat, take easy breaths and visualize that gorgeous thousand petaled lotus flower sitting above your head, blooming into something awe inspiring.
Yoga poses or asanas is how yoga became popular in the West. Ancient yoga was less about the perfect pose but connecting with your spiritual side through the 8 limbs.
I encourage you to learn as much as you can about the other 7 limbs of yoga. If you are ready for a deeper understanding of the entire philosophy of yoga, check out my 300/500-hour yoga teacher training.
This section is about the asanas (yoga poses) that are best suited to encourage an open crown chakra. I have a beautiful sequence on YouTube designed for you to get in touch with your higher self:
Some of my favorite poses for enhancing your spiritual connection to the crown chakra are:
This yin pose is not anatomically possible for many people, if you are willing to attempt it please use many props and enter the position very slowly.
Gather your props, bolster, blocks, and blanket. Begin in a hero seat, as you widen the feet to either side you may want a block underneath your pelvis to support you.
Stay here if that is your pose today. If you’re ready to go deeper, start to lower your back down onto the bolster.
Find a relaxing place and breathe in spiritual awareness into the crown of the head. Allow the awareness to coat all the chakras
As you connect your entire body fully to the earth here, imagine the crown chakra opening to the collective unconscious. Lay here as long as you need to feel connected with what’s bigger than just your body.
For more crown chakra yoga poses check out my Sahasrara chakra course called CONNECT here. This course offers 4 weeks of practice to Connect with the divine energy center of the crown chakra.
Crown Chakra Affirmations
Positive affirmations improve the mental and spiritual intellect. You can cultivate inner peace by dedicating time to reciting positive affirmations.
Try these crown chakra affirmations to remove a crown chakra blockage .
The more frequent the practice the deeper the neural networks will become. Learn more about the brain wiring here. This course is part of my 200-hour Yoga teacher training if you are ready to nerd out on all things yoga!
You can experience crown chakra opening symptoms by using essential oils to activate the opening. Some of my favorite scents for this are:
- Frankincense: Think of this as the king of essential oils. Frankincense is often used to deepen meditation and your spiritual nature. It has a calming, grounding effect that can help you tune into your higher self.
- Lavender: Lavender is great for relaxation and clarity. It can create a peaceful and serene environment, making it easier to connect with your spiritual side. Lavender is great to keep in your cabinet because it actually works to help all the chakras. From the root, to the solar plexus chakra, to the crown, lavender is a great choice.
- Sandalwood: Sandalwood is known for its ability to quiet the mind and enhance concentration. It’s often used to promote a sense of inner peace and spiritual awareness.
Crown Chakra Opening Symptoms
If you’ve read this far you are interested in the spiritual awakening that comes with opening crown chakra symptoms. As your crown chakra opens you will develop a profound sense of self-awareness. You will notice physical, mental, and spiritual symptoms when the crown chakra opens.
Keep in mind that opening symptoms will look different for each individual. So if you don’t experience it just like this, or even if you don’t experience any symptoms at all, that doesn’t mean no progress is being made. The shifts may be very subtle, remember to trust the process.
Physical Symptoms Of Crown Chakra Opening
- Warmth or tingling at the top of the head
- A sensation of energy or pressure in the crown area
- Feeling lightheaded or dizzy
- Headaches or pressure in the head
- Heightened sensitivity to light and sound
Mental Symptoms Of Crown Chakra Opening
- Heightened sense of inner peace
- Profound sense of purpose and meaning
- Emotional balance of joy and bliss
- Increased empathy and compassion
- Acceptance of life’s impermanence
Spiritual Symptoms Of Crown Chakra Opening
- Deep sense of spiritual connection
- Total feeling of oneness with the universe
- Unity and interconnectedness with divine wisdom
- Mystical or transcendent experiences
- Enhanced relaxation from meditation
When the Sahasrara chakra energy center is open, it allows the energy to flow freely between the other chakras. Like Anodea says in our discussion, the seven chakras work as a whole. Just because the crown chakra is the seventh chakra doesn’t mean you have to start at the bottom.
By focusing on the area you want to open, you will encourage opening in all the seven chakras.
FAQ About The Crown Chakra
What are the physical symptoms of crown chakra imbalance?
You know how sometimes you get these nagging headaches, especially at the top of your head? Well, that can be a physical sign of a crown chakra imbalance.
Dizziness or feeling lightheaded is another one. And then there are those sleep disturbances – like insomnia or having strange, vivid dreams.
Some folks might also experience trouble concentrating, a foggy mind, and even heightened sensitivity to things like bright lights and loud sounds.
It’s like your body’s way of telling you something’s off-kilter in the energy department.
What does chakra opening feel like?
Opening your chakras is a personal and unique experience. It’s like waking up to a new level of consciousness.
For some, it can feel like a warm, tingling sensation at the location of the chakra, in this case, the crown of your head. You might also feel a sense of pressure or even energy moving around, or get some mild headaches.
But it’s not just physical; there’s a mental and emotional aspect too. You could suddenly feel more aware, connected, and spiritually awakened.
It’s like a lightbulb moment, where everything becomes clearer. Drink plenty of water and stay consistent in your practice. Obviously nothing should be painful, and if it is then you should see your doctor, but sometimes there may be discomfort.
What is the emotional blockage of crown chakra?
Imagine feeling emotionally disconnected and not finding any real purpose in life. That’s what an emotional blockage of the crown chakra can feel like.
It’s like you’re in a persistent state of apathy, confusion, or even depression. The world seems a bit gray, and you might feel like you’re wandering without a map.
It’s all about being out of sync with your spiritual self, which can lead to these emotional roadblocks.
What opens the crown chakra?
Ah, the fun part! Opening the crown chakra involves practices that help you connect with your higher self and the universe.
Crown chakra meditation is a great start. When you meditate and focus on mindfulness, it’s like you’re giving your crown chakra a gentle nudge to open up.
Engaging in spiritual life practices like prayer, yoga, or chanting can do the trick too. Also spending time in nature to absorb the beauty and interconnectedness of the natural world can be incredibly uplifting.
Oh, and don’t forget deep self-reflection – journaling and introspection can really open up that spiritual consciousness.
Energy healing work requires a deeper understanding of your self-destructive tendencies to become larger than them and your spiritual growth will soar. Through the ancient yoga practice of Svadhyaya (Self Study), you can investigate your beliefs held in the seventh chakra. This will allow the energy center to spin at the perfect pace for your spiritual awakening.
You will then be able to feel the crown chakra-opening symptoms for yourself. Go forth and explore the spiritual world you can access from your crown chakra opening.
- Explore my Chakras knowledge hub to learn more about the Chakras from the blog.
- Check out my YouTube channel and find some yoga classes that you can try out for yourself!
- Join Uplifted for exclusive chakra content that you can access right from the app. Take a deep dive into your practice with me this year!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
- Third Eye Chakra Opening Symptoms And How To Open Your Sixth Chakra
- Opening Crown Chakra Symptoms And How To Balance Sahasrara Chakra
- Opening Root Chakra Symptoms And How To Balance Muladhara
- Symptoms Of Heart Chakra Opening And How To Balance Anahata Chakra
- Sacral Chakra Awakening Symptoms And How To Balance Svadhisthana Chakra
- Physical Symptoms Of Solar Plexus Chakra Opening
- Opening Throat Chakra Symptoms And How To Balance Vishuddha Chakra
- Chakra Opening Symptoms: Signs You’re Unblocking Your Chakras
Learn how to do 11 of the most popular yoga poses correctly. Free video + PDF download.