Whether you completed your 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training (YTT) 2 years ago or 2 days ago, you may be considering the next step in your yoga continuing education.
You already know from your first training the taking a YTT has incredible benefits for you, your community and your career! But what’s different about a 300 hour yoga teacher training?
This kind of training, also known as an advanced yoga teacher training, is necessary for those who want to assist or become a lead trainer on a 200 hour teacher training program.
But it can also be a powerful way to deepen your own personal practice and launch your yoga business too.
Enrolling in a 300/500 advanced teacher training will give you the tools to refine and enhance your teaching, grow your yoga business (online or in-person) and the qualification and experience to lead your very own YTT.
With so many yoga teacher training programs shifting to online platforms, finding the right program may feel overwhelming and time-consuming! To help streamline your search I have compiled a list of the top-rated 300/500 hour programs around the world.
What To Look For In A 300 Hour Teacher Training Program
The truth is that most advanced teacher training courses will cover a lot of the same core curriculum, as outlined by Yoga Alliance. While Yoga Alliance is not the official authority on yoga, it has helped many yoga schools organize their 300 hour program curriculum in an easy and comprehensive manner.
Most 300 hour yoga teacher courses will include:
- yoga philosophy and Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras
- practice teaching yoga with advanced yoga poses
- advanced asana and pranayama techniques
- teaching methodology
- yoga sequencing
- mindfulness and meditation
- yoga anatomy and physiology
Because of this, I highly recommend that you choose a 300 hour program that deeply resonates with your own interests and passions. You can look for a course that teaches a specific type of yoga, like Vinyasa yoga, prenatal yoga, adaptive yoga, yin yoga, etc.
I also recommend getting to know the lead teacher of the program before you book anything. Since you will be learning not only the core curriculum but also deeper yoga philosophy, it’s important that your goals are aligned with that of your lead teacher. If possible, join a yoga class, workshop, or yoga retreat with your chosen yoga school before signing up. This will give you a good idea of what to expect and whether or not you will like learning from them.
Top 5 Places To Look For An Advanced Yoga Teacher Training Course
Find an advanced yoga training that not only gives you the teaching skills you need to excel as a yoga instructor but also to grow your yoga teaching business. Whether you book an online yoga teacher training course or jet off to luxury destinations around the world, these are my top recommendations for a 300-hour teacher training program.
Yoga Style: Kripalu Yoga, Yoga Therapy, Ayurvedic Training
Price: $1,074 for online program
Duration: two weeks
More Information: [email protected] | 800.848.8702
The Kripalu Center has been a leader in Yoga and Mindfulness education for 48 years. Kripalu hosts year-round training modules and programs that students can take over time to earn their 300-hour yoga certification as well as immersion style programs.
The Kripalu center also offers lodging for students to stay during their program. In addition to yoga classes and programs, Kripalu also has spa packages and onsite Ayurveda-inspired dining making it an all-inclusive experience.
In addition to in-person trainings and programs, Kripalu is now offering their advanced yoga training modules online to provide students with the flexibility to train at home
Yoga Style: all yoga styles
Price: enquire for more information
More Information: Download Brochure
Brett Larkin’s Uplifted 300/500 hour online YTT offers students a high-touch, interactive training experience from the comfort of your own home. Brett has mastered the art of online yoga education and has been leading YTT online since 2015. Uplifted YTT combines at-home self-study with live lectures and training calls via Zoom.
This advanced teacher training includes both video modules and live guest lectures with world-renowned teachers and experts. Students enjoy four in-depth modules on the chakras and subtle body, business & money mindset, anatomy, yogic philosophy, advanced asana and pranayama techniques, and teaching methodology for online instruction.
This is one of the few 300/500 YTT programs that also serves as a business accelerator with opportunities for “hot seat” coaching during calls and activities to help jump start your online or in-person yoga business. As Brett is the lead instructor, she is readily available to coach you both on your yoga practice and business.
Students have access to content, recorded live calls and their private training Facebook group to revisit and review for their lifetime.
Yoga Style: restorative yoga, yin yoga, trauma-informed yoga training, Yoga Nidra
Price: 50% Off Regular Price of $930 When Paid In Full
More Information: [email protected] | 512-435-7589
My Vinyasa Practice 300 hour YTT is now offering online facilitated programs through mentorship, pre-recorded lectures and written.
This course is completely self-paced, so you decide when you begin and when you finish, making this program flexible for students who are unable to maintain a regular training schedule. Live office hours are available each week for you to connect with your mentor as you move through the material on your own.
My Vinyasa Practice 300 hour yoga instructor training covers advanced anatomy, yoga sequencing, restorative yoga, yin yoga, trauma-informed yoga training and yoga nidra certification as well as advanced training on the energetic bodies and subtle practices.
4. Yoga Works
Yoga Style: Vinyasa Yoga
Duration: 3 options: self-paced, 5-6 weeks, or 6 months
More Information: submit contact form
Yoga Works offers in-person trainings at several locations across the United States in addition to newly created 200 and 300 hour online program options.
Inspired by the styles of Ashtanga and Iyengar yoga, Yoga Works programs are heavily focused on teaching proper alignment and yoga anatomy. In addition to their focus on yoga anatomy, their 300 hour program offers advanced training in meditation, yoga philosophy as well as one-on-one mentorship.
Whether training in-person or online, Yoga Works offers both immersive (completed in just a few weeks) and extended programs (completed over a series of months), giving students the flexibility to choose the program that works best for their schedule and learning style.
Yoga Style: all yoga styles
Price: between $1,000 and $5,000 depending on the yoga school
Duration: between 3 weeks and 5 weeks, depending on the yoga school
More Information: https://bookretreats.com/s/ttc/300-hours-yoga-teacher-training
BookRetreats offers reviews and bookings for destination yoga teacher training programs all over the world. If you’ve dreamed of completing your advanced 300 hour yoga teacher training course in India or on the beach of an exotic island, BookRetreats has hundreds of advanced training courses listed with pricing and reviews.
The curriculum, price and duration of training vary depending on the school and location.
The best part?
BookRetreats was made by yogis and employs a team of yoga teachers to help connect yoga students to the practice all of the world, they are firmly rooted in yoga tradition, so you know that booking with them means that you are getting an authentic recommendation from a real-life yogi on the other side of the screen.
Sneak Peak into My 300-Hour YTT - FREE Videos, Info Session, Bonuses!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
- The Best Yoga Business Coaches to Skyrocket Your Income
- Traditional Yoga Class Plan Template (Tips for Yoga Sequencing)
- Best Blog Platform for Yoga Teachers
- Managing Cash Flow and Profit In Your Yoga Business
- The Top 5 Biggest Fears of New Yoga Teachers
- 13 Yoga Playlists for Every Style and Taste
- Why You Need A Yoga Intake Form (FREE download)
- How to Make a Logo for Your Yoga Business (No Design Skills Needed)
- This Cold Email Will Help You Land a Corporate Teaching Job
- This Cold Email Will Help You Land a Studio Teaching Job
- 9 Yoga Modifications for Pregnancy and How to Teach Them
- Our Expert Advice On How and Why To Teach Corporate Yoga
- How to Upgrade Your Yoga Alliance Certification Designation to 300 / 500 RYT
- How to Register Your YTT Certificate With Yoga Alliance (With Photos)
- How to Get Traffic to Your Yoga Website With SEO
- How to Update Your Yoga Alliance Teacher Profile Step-by-Step
- 6 Best Online Course Platforms For Yoga Teachers (Ranked)
- How To Make An Instagram Business Account As A Yoga Teacher
- 12 Actionable Tips For New Yoga Teachers Who Are Scared To Teach
- How To Prioritize Student Feedback On Zoom
- How To Teach Yoga On Zoom With Two Devices In 6 Easy Steps
- What Is Trauma Informed Yoga And Should I Get Certified?
- 10 Things You Must Do After Your Yoga Teacher Training
- 13 Types of Yoga Teacher Tax Deductions (And Other Tax Tips)
- My Exact Tech Tools For My Million Dollar Online Yoga Platform
- 10 Best FREE Facebook Groups For Yoga Teachers
- How To Log Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Hours
- The Only 7 Yoga Alliance Membership Benefits (Some Are Free)
- DSLR vs Smartphones: How To Choose The Right Microphone
- The Best Yoga Scheduling Software For Yoga Teachers
- 5 Affordable Yoga Teacher Insurance Plans You Need Right Now (Updated 2022)
- How To Create A Yoga Class Theme (+39 Yoga Themes)
- How To Safely Begin Teaching Yoga Post-COVID-19
- 115 Shocking Yoga Statistics That Nobody Talks About
- How to Build an Online Community As A Yoga Teacher (That Students Will Actually Pay For)
- How to Write The Perfect Yoga Liability Waiver
- 6 Tips To Create An Inviting Home Video Studio On A Budget
- How To Write A Yoga Teacher Bio That Helps You Stand Out
- 3 Best Tools To Launch A Yoga App (That You Can Actually Afford)
- Does Yoga Insurance Cover You If You Teach Online? Not Always.
- Want The Best Microphone For YouTube? Here Are My Top Picks
- How to Pivot To Teaching Yoga Online (For A Long Time)
- How to Record Yourself Teaching Yoga & Film Yoga Videos
- Private Yoga Lessons Cost: A Yoga Teacher’s Guide On How To Price Classes
- Making a Yoga Playlist? Where to Get Music for Your Online Classes
- Should You Quit Your Job To Teach Yoga? Probably Not
- 6 Steps to Get Private Yoga Clients (And Keep Them)
- 9 Reasons Why Teaching Yoga Online (*After* COVID19) Is Smart
- How Much Do Yoga Teachers Make? (And How To Earn More)
- 6 Crucial Online Marketing Tips for Budding Yoga Teachers
- How to Lead a Live Online Zoom Yoga Class
- How To Teach Yoga Online And Make Money (Like Me)
- How (And When) To Do Hands-On Adjustments
- 5 Steps to Landing Your First Yoga Studio Teacher Job (Ever)
- How To Ask For A Raise At Your Yoga Studio (That Isn’t Terrifying)