So you’re officially a yoga instructor, yay! Now it’s time to get out there and start teaching yoga.
For many, that means registering your certificate with Yoga Alliance.
While I’m writing this for my students who will be registering their YTT certificates with Yoga Alliance when they graduate from my 200 Hour Online Yoga Teacher Training (hi guys!), anyone can follow these steps to register their certificates with YA.
Just find your own school where you graduated!
16 Steps to Register Your 200YTT Certificate with the Yoga Alliance
When you are read to register your certificate, simply follow these steps to register:
1. Go to www.yogaalliance.org.
2. Select “Join” in the top right corner.
3. Follow the prompts to create your account and submit contact information.
4. Select “Teacher” on the right.
5. Select your RYT Designation. RYT 200, RYT 500, etc.
6. Select your program designation.
7. Enter your training Start Date and End Date. (the end date should match the date on your certificate)
8. Enter the name of your RYS and click “Search”.
11. Click “Select” next to the correct result.
12. You will be prompted to upload a digital version of your certificate. Click “Browse for File”.
13. Once your photo uploads, click “Send Request”.
14. If you are registering for a designation that requires teaching hours, scroll down and select “Teaching Hours.” View teaching hour requirements for each designation.
15. Wait until you receive an email confirmation from your School, this can take around 14 days to be completed.
16. Once you receive the confirmation email, log back into your account on Yoga Alliance.
17. Select the “Teacher” tab and complete the registration/membership payment.
After completing the payment, you will be able to leave your school a review to finish the registration process
Yoga Alliance offers members a few benefits and perks. We covered all of the member benefits (and whether or not you even need a certificate!), so check it all out once you complete your yoga teacher training.