As yoga is becoming popular throughout the globe, the number of yoga teachers is also increasing rapidly. People’s enthusiasm for yoga may have guided them to become a yoga instructor…
… but are they really successful in finding the work?
While you may have completed your yoga teacher training from your favorite retreat, have you ever actually thought of teaching at the same retreat? Yes, anyone who has the determination and passion can confidently think of getting a good job at a retreat.
Individuals who are willing to take the next step in their yoga journey to enhance the practice and skills can build a successful yoga career.
The best part?
To become a yoga teacher, you don’t have any age restrictions. You do, however, need to be adaptable, creative, and deeply strong-minded to help others.
There are many ways to pursue yoga as a career and unlike many yoga teachers, you don’t necessarily have to teach at a regular yoga school. After all, yoga is not only about teaching, rather it is about exploring, connecting to yourself as well as with others, and most importantly enjoying the surroundings.
You might also like: How to Be a Yoga Instructor: 6 Things You MUST Know Before You Begin
How to Find a Yoga Teaching Job at a Retreat
Choose a job that can make you stand out, where you can connect to your students while you are also refining your teaching skills and learning more about your field of interest. Select a yoga retreat with a suitable location on your mind, where you can immerse in your teaching and also merge with nature.
Here are some points as to how you can teach at your favorite yoga retreat!
1. Expect the Unexpected
Make up your mind before opting for a yoga teacher job at a retreat because once you are in, you have to fully deliver yourself to the practice and the people. You may not be familiar with the curriculum, the strict daily schedule and then the vegetarian diet.
It is going to be a challenge, so prepare your mind before committing yourself to this job.
Yoga is often misunderstood as the promotion of the hippie culture, but it is the opposite of that because it is rather focused on the overall health and wellness. Here, you will have to accept whatever comes your way gracefully, since none of the resorts will offer everything you that you need. Learn and teach at the yoga retreat center…
…and also expect the unexpected!
2. Build Your Own Teaching Environment
Step ahead of the yoga mat, don’t just stretch your legs indoors but take your potential out of the yoga studio room. What I mean by this is, think beyond your imagination and don’t stay limited to your beliefs.
You can either create an opportunity for yourself by teaching yoga at any school, colleges, or other places instead of looking for a resort. Use your talents wisely towards your progression. This will give you an experience and a better chance to work at a yoga retreat. Create your own teaching environment which works in your favor and then you can use your learned skills about mindfulness more efficiently.
You might also like: 5 Steps to the Perfect Yoga Instructor Resume So You Can Make That Monayyy
3. Focus on Exploring Rather Than Money
Focus! Don’t digress into someone else’s path. When you think beyond the currency, you end up making more value for yourself in the market. Align your skills in the right places, for example, and barter your services with a simplistic retreat center.
Become more significant in your approach so that you can achieve your goals by exploring different styles of yoga, or by improving your techniques by enhancing your healing abilities with the practices of yoga. At the retreat center, focus on absorbing the details, not the money, because cash will follow if you build your base with the skilled yogic philosophy and the required experience. Advance your knowledge by opening yourself to the methods of meditation, hatha yoga, pranayama, Ayurveda massage, and other practices at the yoga retreat center.
After all, yoga is a lifestyle, not a fitness routine.
4. Stay Open to Every Opportunity
Make your passion your job! Feel blessed every day by motivating others and helping them on their spiritual path. This doesn’t mean just leading yoga classes and perfecting your alignment cues. It means that you must be open to the opportunity to dive deeper into your practice, either through seva or through another limb of yoga.
So stay open to opportunities, be like a sponge and try it out!
Step in, don’t be afraid to try new roles or practices that might transform your life. Opportunities will follow if you put in more hard work to develop your skills. If you have attended any YTT certification course, then jobs like yoga teacher, meditation teacher, reiki healer, etc. may knock your door more often than ever. So, don’t let the chance slip away if you can advance in other sectors of yoga too.
You might also like: 10 Best FREE Facebook Groups For Yoga Teachers
5. Try It At Least Once
What’s wrong in taking a risk when you have nothing to lose and everything to gain? Most of the successful entrepreneurs, actors, or senior officials have risked their chances only to discover if they are fit for the job or not.
So, try your hands on what feels right to you. You never know what skills you’ll discover in yourself, what new passions will arise, or what connections you make. What if working at a yoga retreat center is the best decision you have ever made?
You’ll only ever know if you give it a try 🙂[/et_pb_text]
Om Singh is a blogger at Retreat Kula, a website that offers the best platform to book yoga retreats and yoga teacher training for yogis around the world. He is always on the lookout for interesting places to visit. It took him 25 years of his life to realize where his true calling lies, but once that was done, there’s been no looking back.
Sneak Peak into My 300-Hour YTT - FREE Videos, Info Session, Bonuses!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
- 20 Awesome Ways To Make Money As A Yoga Instructor
- Life Coach Marketing: A Comprehensive Guide For Long-Term Growth
- How To Get Clients For Life Coaching
- Are Life Coaches Worth It? Take This Self-Assessment To Find Out.
- How Much Does A Life Coach Make? Around $5k+ A Month
- Yoga Cues 101: Everything You Need To Teach Yoga
- How Much Do Yoga Teachers Make? (And How To Earn More)
- Life Coaching Skills: Are You Meant To Be A Life Coach?
- How To Incorporate Somatic Coaching Into Your Yoga Practice
- How to Easily Modify 6 Common Yoga Poses [+VIDEO]
- Try This 30-Minute Yoga Nidra Script for Deep Sleep and Relaxation [+ Video]
- 8 Best Yoga Podcasts For Yogic Business And Living
- How To Become A Life Coach (For Yoga Teachers)
- 5 Affordable Yoga Teacher Insurance Plans You Need Right Now (Updated 2023)
- How To Use Social Media To Grow Your Yoga Business
- How To Find Your Yoga Niche (And Make $5K/mo)
- How To Make $5k Per Month As A Yoga Teacher
- How to Plan a Yoga Retreat That Earns 6 Figures
- Which Uplifted online yoga training is right for you?
- Creating Inclusive Yoga Spaces: Here’s What To Avoid Saying
- The Best Yoga Business Coaches to Skyrocket Your Income
- Traditional Yoga Class Plan Template (Tips for Yoga Sequencing)
- Best Blog Platform for Yoga Teachers
- Managing Cash Flow and Profit In Your Yoga Business
- The Top 5 Biggest Fears of New Yoga Teachers
- 13 Yoga Playlists for Every Style and Taste
- Why You Need A Yoga Intake Form (FREE download)
- How to Make a Logo for Your Yoga Business (No Design Skills Needed)
- This Cold Email Will Help You Land a Corporate Teaching Job
- This Cold Email Will Help You Land a Studio Teaching Job
- 9 Yoga Modifications for Pregnancy and How to Teach Them
- Our Expert Advice On How and Why To Teach Corporate Yoga
- How to Upgrade Your Yoga Alliance Certification Designation to 300 / 500 RYT
- How to Register Your YTT Certificate With Yoga Alliance (With Photos)
- How to Get Traffic to Your Yoga Website With SEO
- How to Update Your Yoga Alliance Teacher Profile Step-by-Step
- 6 Best Online Course Platforms For Yoga Teachers (Ranked)
- How To Make An Instagram Business Account As A Yoga Teacher
- 12 Actionable Tips For New Yoga Teachers Who Are Scared To Teach
- How To Prioritize Student Feedback On Zoom
- How To Teach Yoga On Zoom With Two Devices In 6 Easy Steps
- What Is Trauma Informed Yoga And Should I Get Certified?
- 10 Things You Must Do After Your Yoga Teacher Training
- 13 Types of Yoga Teacher Tax Deductions (And Other Tax Tips)
- My Exact Tech Tools For My Million Dollar Online Yoga Platform
- 10 Best FREE Facebook Groups For Yoga Teachers
- How To Log Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Hours
- The Only 7 Yoga Alliance Membership Benefits (Some Are Free)
- DSLR vs Smartphones: How To Choose The Right Microphone
- The Best Yoga Scheduling Software For Yoga Teachers
- How To Create A Yoga Class Theme (+39 Yoga Themes)
- How To Safely Begin Teaching Yoga Post-COVID-19
- 115 Shocking Yoga Statistics That Nobody Talks About
- How to Build an Online Community As A Yoga Teacher (That Students Will Actually Pay For)
- How to Write The Perfect Yoga Liability Waiver