Is it that time of the month?
LOL yogi, it’s that time of the millenium 🙄
Just like the sun and moon impact our natural cycles and mood, we are currently experiencing the energetic shift of the Aquarian Age. Astrologers love to argue about when this age actually starts, but when does the aquarian age end?
The traits of aquarius, the sun sign, are e’ryWHERE these days: No longer can we withdraw to our yoga mats and let someone else run the show. Around the world, we can see that people are hungry to shake things up and get rid of the dusty habits that not only put a heavy weight on our lives, but our planet in general.
But how long will this age last? Buckle up, yogi, because the short answer is that the Age of Aquarius isn’t going to phase out any time soon. In this post I’ll tell you what we’re in for.
Life In The Age Of Aquarius
The concept of the Aquarian Age made its debut in popular culture with the premier of the popular musical Hair in 1967. Its opening song – Age of Aquarius – explored the qualities of the astrological sign Aquarius. More than that, it set the stage for the musical’s focus on the revolution for humanity that rocked the 60s. Space travel, civil rights, collective consciousness, freedom, love, equality – these are all Aquarian traits. They began emerging in the 60s and 70s, and we can see and feel them today in full force.
Technology is advancing rapidly, communication channels circle the globe in an instant, and people are standing up for themselves and others. What exactly happens during the Age of Aquarius has begun unfolding before our eyes with the Covid pandemic. Right now is a time for society as a whole to rethink and create a better world for everyone involved. According to astrologers, this is exactly what the Age of Aquarius is about.
The Dawning of the Aquarian Age
Soo… the timeline here is pretty important to some people. If the Aquarian Age actually started in the 1940s, what would that mean for the narrative of change we experience today? Astrologers LOVE to argue about the exact starting point of the Age of Aquarius. Some astrological sources link previous astrological ages to the major shifts society went through already. These include:
- The time of Greek and Roman violence, which is linked to the Age of Aries from 2000 to 0 BC
- The Age of Pisces, when most of the world’s biggest religions originated ranging from about 0 to 2000 AD
- Now, the Age of Aquarius, characterized by major technological advancements and a movement towards global community
Let’s be clear: There is no consensus among astrologers on when exactly the Age of Aquarius begins. However, The Great Conjunction of the planets Jupiter and Saturn on December 21, 2020 puts many people in the camp of believing that we’re officially there and 2020 marked the official arrival of Age of Aquarius (along with endless WFH days).
Their conjunction (this is an astronomical term for whenever any two astronomical objects – asteroids, moons, planets, and stars – appear close together in the sky as observed from Earth) happened in the constellation of Aquarius; and on top of that, in February 2021 seven celestial bodies moved into the zodiacal constellation of Aquarius. Sooo… yeah. Something is definitely in the making!
Importance to Kundalini Yoga: Energetic Mastery
Thanks to Kundalini Yoga and Yogi Bhajan who gave us the 5 Sutras of the Aquarian Age, we have tools to embrace times like these. The Aquarian Sadhana, a daily spiritual practice done before the sun rises, is a great way to connect to our Divine truth and move through this Age with more peace and awareness. There are four parts to this sadhana: preparing for sadhana, reciting Sikh prayers, Kundalini Yoga kriya, and chanting the Aquarian mantras.
The goal? Energetic mastery. These specific practices are designed for what it’s like to live in the Aquarian Age, and get you through safely. Guru Singh and I offer in depth practices for energetic mastery in the modern age in Kundalini University, our 200 hour teacher training. Join us!
So When Does The Aquarian Age End, Like, Officially?
Since the exact dates of the Age of Aquarius range from 1447 A.D. to 3597 A.D, it’s a little tricky to pinpoint the official end. In astrology, many believe that this new Age already has started, with some suggesting 2012 was the big year. However, there isn’t a firm consensus. We can only make some guesses as to when this new era is coming to an end. One thing we know for sure – it won’t end in your lifetime (or mine).
Measuring Astrological Ages
In total, there are twelve astrological ages corresponding to the twelve zodiac signs. They refer to a cycle of more than 2,100 years that impacts society as a whole. One complete cycle is accomplished when Earth’s rotation moves into a new zodiac sign around the vernal equinox (that time when the sun crosses the celestial equator making day and night equally the same length). Earth is moving backwards through the zodiacal constellations with the first sign being Aries, then Pisces, Aquarius, Capricorn, etc.
Because one cycle goes on for a long time, it isn’t black and white when one Age begins and the other ends. This concept of Earth moving through these cycles isn’t unique to Western astrology. Such patterns are mentioned in the Mayan calendar, too.
The Transition Period From The Age of Aquarius to The Age of Capricorn
The Age of Capricorn will be next when the positioning of the sun during the vernal equinox moves into a new zodiacal constellation, i.e. Capricorn. We can roughly estimate that this is happening somewhere around 4,000 to 6,000 AD.
What (Probably) Won’t Change When The Age of Aquarius Ends
While we cannot say for sure what is going to happen in thousands of years, let’s assume humans are still around. By then, we hopefully have learned how to treat our world respectfully and become supportive of one another, true to the Aquarian focus on community. While Aquarius is about advancements and evolution, Capricorn is often linked to ambition and hard work. So if all goes well, we might find that humans are driven to keep up the positive changes that come with the Age of Aquarius.
The fight for equality and collective responsibility may either be reinforced or completely shunned with the rising of the energy of Capricorn. Capricorns are known to make up their own rules in order to get to where they want to be. So get ready!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
- What Are The Chakras And Kundalini Energy Flow? Here Is My Complete Breakdown.
- How is Kundalini Different from Hatha/Vinyasa? Read This.
- What Is Kundalini Syndrome? (And Can It Happen To You?)
- What is the Kundalini Serpent? Serpent Symbolism Explained
- Ong Namo Guru Dev Namo: The Adi Mantra Explained [VIDEO]
- 13 Celebrities Who Practice Kundalini Yoga
- Kundalini Awakening: What Is It and How To Awaken It
- Who Is Yogi Bhajan? The Guru That The Kundalini Community Rejects
- What is Kriya Yoga? The Philosophy and Practice
- Kirtan Kriya: Kundalini Meditation That Will Make You Feel Better
- Sat Nam in Kundalini Yoga: Sanskrit Translation and Meaning
- The Healing Siri Gaitri Mantra: Meaning of Ra Ma Da Sa
- Sat Kriya: A Yoga Practice You Can Do in 3 Minutes
- The 10 Bodies of Yoga and How to Activate Them
- Shuni Mudra: The Seal of Patience
- Buddhi Mudra: What Is It And How Do You Use It?
- Surya Mudra: What Is It And How Do You Use It?
- Adi Shakti Mantra: Manifest Your Divine Femininity
- Venus Mudra: The Seal of Clarity & Empowerment
- The 5 Sutras of the Aquarian Age: Modern Yoga Philosophy
- 5 Righteous Principles of Sikh Dharma You’ve Never Heard Of
- The Shakti Symbol: 7 Ancient Secrets Uncovered
- Awaken To The Aquarian Age: #1 Cosmic Shift of Your Life
- At Ease With The Positive Mind: Yoga’s 3rd Body
- Balanced In The Neutral Mind: Yoga’s 4th Body
- At Home In The Physical Body: Yoga’s Fifth Body
- Why the Aquarian Sadhana Is The Ultimate Morning Yoga Practice
- The 7 Aquarian Mantras: Tune In To Profound Transformation
- Revealing Secrets of the Arcline: Yoga’s 6th Body
- Awake In The Subtle Body: Yoga’s 9th Body
- Trusting In The Negative Mind: Yoga’s 2nd Body
- Uplifted in the Radiant Body: Yoga’s 10th Body
- At One With The Pranic Body: Yoga’s 8th Body
- Grounded In The Soul Body: Yoga’s 1st Body
- Jal Neti Kriya: The Best Thing You Can Do To Clear Your Head Right Now
Get 3 Free Training Vidoes from our Kundalini University Experience & Certification Program