We all know them.
Those people who seem to radiate confidence, direction and charisma like they were literally born to glow in the dark ✨
Sooo…where does that magic fairy dust come from?
According to the ten bodies philosophy in Kundalini yoga, this energy field originates in the arcline, or arc body. We all have an arcline – the queens among us just know its secrets. In this article, we’ll look at the arcline as an element of the energy body in connection to the conscious and unconscious mind. Owning your arcline will empower you to manifest your dharma, your vision for a healthier and happier life in line with your highest self.
What is The Arcline in Yoga?
The Arcline is the sixth of our ten bodies, according to the Kundalini yoga philosophy brought to us by Yogi Bhajan. The arcline is considered the nucleus of our aura. It’s an impalpable halo that surrounds us like a glowing shield infused with our energetic essence, protecting us from harm (when strong) and projecting our being into the world around us. Everyone has an arcline that stretches across the nose, from ear to ear, and women are said to have a second arcline which extends from nipple to nipple.
Characteristics of The Arcline
Affirmation: “I know that the unknown is known to me.” (Yogi Bhajan)
Qualities: The Arcline represents your radiance and influences the way that the world perceives you. It governs other essential qualities, including:
- Ability to focus
Anatomically, the Arline is associated with the pituitary gland, which regulates the nervous system and glandular balance. Because what we perceive is often what we project, it’s no surprise that the arcline is deeply related to the chakras that receive and process, including the root chakra, sacral chakra, the heart chakra, and the third eye chakra. Our intuition is an incredibly useful tool that acts as a sacred shield against ignorance, loneliness, and potential harm.
Activating Your Arcline
The power of the arcline lies in its ability to guide our direction without interference from obstacles. The way to strengthen your aura – yes, to get some of that fairy dust for yourself! ✨ – is to focus on empowering your presence. You can start by appreciating that everything you do has an effect, a vibration in the universe that continues to echo and transform. Becoming aware of the signs of balance and symptoms of imbalance in your arc body will help you care for this important protective body:
Signs of Balance: A healthy aura brings blissful harmony to the way you perceive yourself and the way other people perceive you. With consistent practice, balancing your arcline can even lead to Kundalini awakening. Why? When we clear blockages in our nadis, the energetic channels circulating through our pranic body, engaging with the subtle body with skill and intention can lead to explosive and immediate energetic release. Some other typical symptoms of a perfectly balanced arcline are:
- An enhanced sense of wellbeing
- A bright and sharply-focused mind
- Good energetic circulation through the entire being vyana vayu at work)
- The ability to immerse yourself deeply in meditation
Symptoms of Imbalance: When our arcline is imbalanced, we may start to feel disconnected from our inner selves, leading us to experience:
- Self consciousness
- Persistent doubts and fears
- Moodiness and depression
- Lack of clarity and energy
How to Strengthen the Arcline
Gyan Chakra Meditation
This meditation has it all: It focuses the mind with mantra, releases tension from the body with repetitive movement, and seals the practice with a mudra to welcome peace, wisdom and clear communication. This is how to do it:
- Sit in “easy pose” with a straight spine.
- Inhale-exhale and chant the Adi Mantra “Ong Namo Guru Dev Namo” three times
- Perform the “jnana mudra” (gyan mudra with the palms facing down) by placing the tip of each index finger to the tip of the thumb, with the rest of the fingers extended (like an a-ok sign, palms down).
- Move the hands in large, alternating circles over the head. Make fast, steady and forceful movements in rhythm with the mantra. Move the right hand in a counter-clockwise circle and the left hand in a clockwise circle. Try to keep your arms above heart center (the chest).
- Continue for 20 minutes, resting as needed.
Meditation for the Arcline
This kind of meditation has the great power to strengthen and clear our aura and it’s done in three simple steps:
- Start in a simple crossed legged position with your spine straight
- Close your eyes and take a couple of deep, nourishing breaths
- Chant the mantra “Waheguru Wahejio” for about 30 minutes.
In your day-to-day life, one of the most potent means of spiritual growth and unlocking the power of your arc body is by practicing truthfulness. Real talk, ladies! Invite this yogic niyama into your life by journaling daily to set intentions and document what really goes down. Here’s some inspiration:
- Speak only the truth
- Be true to yourself
- Practice what you preach
- Embrace simplicity