From: Canada (Ottawa, ON)
Current Profession: Assistant Manager at a campus bar
Brett: What’s Your Big Dream?
Jeff: To win the lottery and travel the world
Brett: What Brought You to Yoga?
Jeff: Injured my lower back while weight lifting and decided to give yoga a shot instead of physiotherapy
Brett: What do You Hope to Get out of Yoga Teacher Training?
Jeff: I want to deepen my practice and knowledge of yoga. And maybe teach at some point
Brett: How Long Have You Been Practicing?
Jeff: Only 4 months. I practice about 12-15 times a week though so it feels longer but I’m still a newbie
Brett: What’s Your Favorite Style of Yoga?
Jeff: I really like heated vinyasa classes but I love to balance it out with a Yin class
Brett: What’s Your Favorite Class (or two)?
It’s really fun!
Brett: What’s Been Your Biggest Struggle in Your Practice? Flexibility.
Jeff: I played a ton of sports before university and never took the time to stretch so my flexibility was pretty bad when I first started yoga. It’s getting better though!
Brett: What’s Your Big Advice for Others?
Jeff: Always take your hands out of your pockets before walking down stairs.
Favorite Mat: Lululemon The Reversible Mat 5mm (I practice in heated studios and this mat is really sticky)
Favorite Prop: Stretching strap
Favorite Place to Practice: Pure Yoga http://www.pureyogaottawa.com/ or Yoga Town http://myyogatown.com/ Can’t pick a favourite.
Favorite Yoga Hack: Wrapping a strap around the sacrum and feet in reclined bound angle while in supported fish. Like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKLJG_RXNK0
Favorite Smoothie Recipe: Not sure of proportions because I usually just eye ball it but a quarter of the cup of spinach, a banana, frozen mixed berries, 2-3 scoops of vanilla protein powder and milk
Favorite Food Recipe: Nutella on anything
Favorite Book: Any game of thrones or harry potter book
Favorite Quote: Live life with more “oh wells” than “what ifs”
Experience 3 Training Videos from Inside My 200-Hour Online YTT
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
- Vitarka Mudra: What It Is and How Do You Use It?
- Shakti Mudra: What It Is and How Do You Do It?
- Garuda Mudra: What It Is and How Do You Use It?
- Kali Mudra: What It Is and How Do You Do It?
- Shunya Mudra: What It Is and How Do You Do It?
- Varuna Mudra: What It Is and How Do You Use It?
- Vayu Mudra: What It Is and How Do You Use It?
- Samana Vayu: The Energy of Balance & How to Access It
- Apana Vayu: The Energy of Release & Surrender
- Udana Vayu: The Ascending Wind
- Prana Vayu: The Breath of Vitality
- Vyana Vayu: The Energetic Secret to Flow
- Uddiyana Bandha: Tapping Into Your Deep Core
- Saucha: 6 Ways Purify Your Body, Mind, Relationships & Space
- Aparigraha: 6 Ways To Completely Let Go In Yoga
- Brahmacharya: Yoga’s Guide To Sensual Indulgence
- 4 Reasons Hasta Bandha Is Essential To Your Yoga Practice
- Tapas In Yoga: 4 Ways This Niyama Will Light Up Your Life
- How To Practice Satya: Ask Yourself These 3 Simple Questions
- Mula Bandha: Unlock the Magic In 5 Simple Steps
- The Meaning of Anjali Mudra: Yoga’s Sacred Greeting
- Jalandhara Bandha: 4 Reasons Yogis of All Levels Should Practice It
- Pada Bandha: Your #1 Secret to Happy Feet
- Beyond Corpse Pose: 13 Questions About Restorative Yoga, Answered
- What is Asteya? 5 Powerful Ways to Practice Non-Stealing in Yoga and Life
- Understand the Koshas and Discover 5 Deeper Dimensions of You
- 4 Modern Ways to Deepen Your Svadhyaya (Self Study) Practice
- What are Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras?
- Why Ahimsa (Non-Violence) Improves All Areas of Your Life
- What Is Santosha? Yoga’s Philosophy of Happiness.
- Ishvara Pranidhana: How to Surrender to the Universe
- What Are Nadis? Your Guide to Energy Channels In Your Body.
- The Complete Glossary of Sanskrit Words Used in Yoga
- Where Did Yoga Originate: A Brief History of Yoga
- Om Namah Shivaya Mantra Chanting: Meaning & Benefits