Name: Stephen P. Knight
From: Where ever my current Career sends me, but I’m a Texas native.
Current Profession: Traveling Wind Turbine Technician
Brett: What’s Your Big Dream?
Stephen: I want to see the world while being my own boss.
Brett: What Brought You to Yoga?
Stephen: I was recommended Yoga after a motorcycle accident.
Brett: What do You Hope to Get out of Yoga Teacher Training?
Stephen: I would like to teach yoga, on my free time, wherever I am located during my Wind Turbine career. Then eventually become my own boss as a Yoga Instructor in Colorado. (Or another country.)
Brett: How Long Have You Been Practicing?
Stephen: On and Off for about 4 years. I say on and off because once I began traveling for my Wind Turbine tech career, it was (and still is) hard to find Yoga classes. So, I do it on my off days, morning and nights.
Brett: What’s Your Favorite Style of Yoga?
Stephen: To be honest, this is where I’m a beginner. I’m not familiar with styles or what certain yoga is called. I grew into doing yoga to help my body recover, wake up and relax. So, I’m looking forward to learning the specifics.
Brett: What’s Your Favorite Class (or two)?
Stephen: I use to attend classes at a Krav Maga venue. So, I’m unsure if this is the answer you seek. Other than that, I do what makes my body needs and love.
Brett: What’s Been Your Biggest Struggle in Your Practice?
Stephen: The specifics and backgrounds of Yoga. I just practice what I was taught in my previous classes that I mentioned.
Brett: What’s Your Big Advice for Others?
Stephen: Never give up. Do the things, in life, for you.
– Lightning Round –
Favorite Mat: Nothing specific to be honest. I still use mats from Wal-Mart. It does the job. lol.
Favorite Prop: I’ve used the block a few times but weaned myself away from it. So, I don’t really have a favorite item.
Favorite Place to Practice: My room.
Favorite Yoga Hack: Hacks?!?!?! I must know these hacks!
Favorite Smoothie Recipe: Bananas, Strawberry, Kiwi, Blueberries, Raspberries, And depends on frisky I am feeling but I’ll add in protein powders as well. Then I’ll add in Almond/Soy milk to loosen it up.
Favorite Food Recipe: Quinoa Salad
– Quinoa (a cup)
– Cherry tomatoes (sweet) (up to 15)
– Corn and Black beans in cans (just drain and rinse in can) one can each
– Avocado (1)
– Squeeze half a lime
– Salt and Pepper
Favorite Book: So far, my favorite is the iChing books. (I say books, because of the many versions.) I’m not saying that I understand it to the fullest, but it’s a great learning experience. My goal is to get to a full understanding of it. Any Aldous Huxley books (“The doors of perception” is one of my favorites.)
Favorite Quote: “If the Doors of Perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things thro’ narrow chinks of his cavern.” – William Blake: The Marriage of Heaven and Hell
Anything else you want to share: Favorite Pose working towards a Handstand.
Experience 3 Training Videos from Inside My 200-Hour Online YTT
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
- What is Kriya Yoga? The Philosophy and Practice
- Uddiyana Bandha: Tapping Into Your Deep Core
- 4 Reasons Hasta Bandha Is Essential To Your Yoga Practice
- Vitarka Mudra: What It Is and How Do You Use It?
- Shakti Mudra: What It Is and How Do You Do It?
- Garuda Mudra: What It Is and How Do You Use It?
- Kali Mudra: What It Is and How Do You Do It?
- Shunya Mudra: What It Is and How Do You Do It?
- Varuna Mudra: What It Is and How Do You Use It?
- Vayu Mudra: What It Is and How Do You Use It?
- Samana Vayu: The Energy of Balance & How to Access It
- Apana Vayu: The Energy of Release & Surrender
- Udana Vayu: The Ascending Wind
- Prana Vayu: The Breath of Vitality
- Vyana Vayu: The Energetic Secret to Flow
- Saucha: 6 Ways Purify Your Body, Mind, Relationships & Space
- Aparigraha: 6 Ways To Completely Let Go In Yoga
- Brahmacharya: Yoga’s Guide To Sensual Indulgence
- Tapas In Yoga: 4 Ways This Niyama Will Light Up Your Life
- How To Practice Satya: Ask Yourself These 3 Simple Questions
- Mula Bandha: Unlock the Magic In 5 Simple Steps
- The Meaning of Anjali Mudra: Yoga’s Sacred Greeting
- Jalandhara Bandha: 4 Reasons Yogis of All Levels Should Practice It
- Pada Bandha: Your #1 Secret to Happy Feet
- Beyond Corpse Pose: 13 Questions About Restorative Yoga, Answered
- What is Asteya? 5 Powerful Ways to Practice Non-Stealing in Yoga and Life
- Understand the Koshas and Discover 5 Deeper Dimensions of You
- 4 Modern Ways to Deepen Your Svadhyaya (Self Study) Practice
- What are Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras?
- Why Ahimsa (Non-Violence) Improves All Areas of Your Life
- What Is Santosha? Yoga’s Philosophy of Happiness.
- Ishvara Pranidhana: How to Surrender to the Universe
- What Are Nadis? Your Guide to Energy Channels In Your Body.
- The Complete Glossary of Sanskrit Words Used in Yoga
- Where Did Yoga Originate: A Brief History of Yoga