Your Name: Stephanie
Where You Live: Small town in Kansas
Your Current Profession: Theatre instructor at a community college
Brett: What’s Your Big Dream?
Stephanie: Be comfortable with myself and my body. Feel like I’ve made the right choices in my life.
Brett: What Brought You to Yoga?
Stephanie: We did a lot of yoga in graduate school and that’s sort of when I started to fall in love with it. I love how it calms you and makes you feel alive at the same time. I always feel better after a practice even if during the practice I felt like I was struggling.
Brett: What do You Hope to Get out of Yoga Teacher Training?
Stephanie: A better understanding of my body and how it moves. I also want to be able to help my students be more comfortable with themselves and their bodies. Yoga and theatre are similar and I know teacher training will help me become a better theatre practitioner and teacher.
Brett: How Long Have You Been Practicing?
Stephanie: On and off for several years but more seriously the past 2 years.
Brett: What’s Your Favorite Style of Yoga?
Brett: What’s Your Favorite Class (or two)?
Stephanie: I love the chakra 2 yoga class: https://brettlarkinyoga.vhx.tv/chakra-challenge/videos/chakra-2-classclean
And the release your inner control freak:
Brett: What’s Been Your Biggest Struggle in Your Practice?
Stephanie: Finding one specific time that I can practice. I sometimes squeeze in random practices at different times. I have rehearsal a lot times until late into the night so I don’t always have a consistent practice time. And that’s something I’m still trying to find and incorporate.
Brett: What’s Your Big Advice for Others?
Stephanie: Remember to breathe. Not just in yoga but in all aspects of life.
Favorite Mat: The Gaiam Sol Studio Select Dry-Grip Yoga Mat. I sweat A LOT during yoga, even if it’s not a heated class. I never slide using this mat. It’s also really cushy, which I like.
Favorite Prop: Blocks
Favorite Place to Practice: (feel free to include photos) In my living room. I usually push the coffee table out of the way and practice there. Or sometimes with my students in the theatre.
Favorite Yoga Hack: I always try to stretch in bed before I fall asleep.
Favorite Smoothie Recipe:
Half bag (3 oz.) Spinach
2 handfuls blueberries
2 handfuls blackberries
3/4 of green apple
3 pineapple rings
1 handful of ice cubes
Favorite Food Recipe: I love these 5 ingredient baked falafels from pinch of yum. I make them a lot. http://pinchofyum.com/simple-6-ingredient-baked-falafel
Favorite Book: To the Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf
Favorite Quote: I could be bounded in a nutshell, and count myself a king of infinite space, were it not that I have bad dreams. Hamlet Act 2 scene 2 by William Shakespeare
Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt – Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut
I deal with some chronic pain issues and a lot of times when I really hurt these run through my head like mantras
c) if public, whether you prefer to use your full name, or just your first name and last initial
Use my full name and last initial. It can be public.
Experience 3 Training Videos from Inside My 200-Hour Online YTT 👇
Experience 3 Training Videos from Inside My 200-Hour Online YTT
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
- What is Kriya Yoga? The Philosophy and Practice
- Uddiyana Bandha: Tapping Into Your Deep Core
- 4 Reasons Hasta Bandha Is Essential To Your Yoga Practice
- Vitarka Mudra: What It Is and How Do You Use It?
- Shakti Mudra: What It Is and How Do You Do It?
- Garuda Mudra: What It Is and How Do You Use It?
- Kali Mudra: What It Is and How Do You Do It?
- Shunya Mudra: What It Is and How Do You Do It?
- Varuna Mudra: What It Is and How Do You Use It?
- Vayu Mudra: What It Is and How Do You Use It?
- Samana Vayu: The Energy of Balance & How to Access It
- Apana Vayu: The Energy of Release & Surrender
- Udana Vayu: The Ascending Wind
- Prana Vayu: The Breath of Vitality
- Vyana Vayu: The Energetic Secret to Flow
- Saucha: 6 Ways Purify Your Body, Mind, Relationships & Space
- Aparigraha: 6 Ways To Completely Let Go In Yoga
- Brahmacharya: Yoga’s Guide To Sensual Indulgence
- Tapas In Yoga: 4 Ways This Niyama Will Light Up Your Life
- How To Practice Satya: Ask Yourself These 3 Simple Questions
- What is Mula Bandha and How to Practice It
- The Meaning of Anjali Mudra: Yoga’s Sacred Greeting
- Jalandhara Bandha: 4 Reasons Yogis of All Levels Should Practice It
- Pada Bandha: Your #1 Secret to Happy Feet
- Beyond Corpse Pose: 13 Questions About Restorative Yoga, Answered
- What is Asteya? 5 Powerful Ways to Practice Non-Stealing in Yoga and Life
- Understand the Koshas and Discover 5 Deeper Dimensions of You
- 4 Modern Ways to Deepen Your Svadhyaya (Self Study) Practice
- What are Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras?
- Why Ahimsa (Non-Violence) Improves All Areas of Your Life
- What Is Santosha? Yoga’s Philosophy of Happiness.
- Ishvara Pranidhana: How to Surrender to the Universe
- What Are Nadis? Your Guide to Energy Channels In Your Body.
- The Complete Glossary of Sanskrit Words Used in Yoga
- Where Did Yoga Originate: A Brief History of Yoga