Have you ever wondered how advanced yogis step their foot through from dog to standing poses with ease? Landing in just the right place? Or how they glide from dog to plank while maintaining perfect alignment? (Even though the distance between your hands and feet in these poses is *completely* different?)
Do they have super secret graceful yogi powers?
Are they an evolved species?
Is the answer more green tea and matcha?
I can share with you what they’re doing…
It’s all about –
Advanced yogis know how to make tiny micro-movements with their feet to aid certain transitions. This ensures they always land in the right place. These micro-movements are a sure fire way to get the most out of your time on the mat. You get stronger, faster. You avoid injury because your alignment is always correct.
The mystery is that no one ever talks about these micro-adjustments.
Not even in teacher training. Why?
My theory is that because once you become a hardcore yogi, these micro-movements become second nature. They become engrained in your DNA. You forget it’s something you’re doing.
Case and point: I had totally forgotten I do this.
Luckily, I have all of my amazing Uplifted community members! They reminded me by asking specific questions about these transitions that seem so elusive. That’s when I realized…
These footing adjustments are a *thing* I’m doing. I can TEACH them.
Hence, the creation of my newest series, with super close-ups of my feet (yes, I got a pedicure first), teaching these transitions.
All these videos, plus special hacks on hamstring flexibility and how to protect your knees, are all inside August’s Uplifted‘s plan and bonus content.
As we enter a new month, it’s the perfect time to try it free, join one of our live ‘pose reviews’ to get my feedback on your practice, and download tons of bonus content.
Experience 3 Training Videos from Inside My 200-Hour Online YTT
Find more yoga sequences by benefit.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
- Yoga for Vata Dosha: Practice Poses and Tips
- Yoga for Pitta Dosha: Practice Poses and Tips
- Yoga for Kapha Dosha: Practice Poses and Tips
- Can We Do Yoga During Periods? Here’s The Yoga Philosophy
- Industry Expert Tips For Yoga Injury Prevention (+ Modifications)
- Affirmations And Yoga Poses For Gratitude
- Yoga For Piriformis Syndrome: 8 Poses To Relieve Pain
- Yoga For Self Love: A Practice for Healing, Growth, and Transformation
- Yoga For PCOS: Yoga Practice To Manage Symptoms
- How Yoga For Trauma Release Works (Uplifted Perspective)
- Yoga For Third Trimester: My Favorite Poses
- 10 Yoga Poses That Will Strengthen The Pelvic Floor
- Yoga For Nausea: 7 Yoga Poses For A Sore Stomach
- Yoga for Thyroid: 10 Poses For Relief
- Yoga For Endometriosis: 7 Poses for Pain Management
- Yoga For Fibromyalgia: A Sequence for Pain Relief
- Yoga for Burnout: A Sequence for Balance
- Yoga For Long COVID: How to Practice for Recovery
- 9 Yoga Poses For PMS For A Smoother Cycle
- Yoga For Emotional Release: 8 Postures For Peace
- Yoga For Fertility: 10 Yoga Poses For Fertility Support
- Yoga for Bloating: 9 Yoga Poses for Relief
- Yoga For Depression: 10 Poses For Emotional Relief
- 10 Yoga Poses For Period Cramps That Will Ease The Pain
- Yoga For Women: 10 Yoga Poses For Every Stage Of Life
- Yoga For Stress Relief: 10 Poses You Can Do Right Now
- Yoga for Seniors: 10 Gentle Yoga Poses for Older Adults
- Yoga For Arthritis: 9 Poses For Joint Pain Relief
- Yoga for Sciatica: 10 Poses to Relieve Sciatica Pain
- Yoga for Sleep: 10 Poses to Do Before Bed
- Yoga For Athletes: 7 Poses For Strength, Flexibility and Stamina
- Yoga for Neck Pain: 7 Poses for Neck Flexibility and Strength
- Yoga for Lower Back Pain: 7 Poses That Have Your Back
- Stiff Shoulders? Try This Yoga For Shoulder Pain
- Yoga For Scoliosis: 7 Yoga Poses For A Stronger Back